Co-ed Ages 7-17
June to August
Potomac Rugby Union
Youth League Member
Cape Rugby is CLOSED this season.
RUGBY is a sport where all players can run, pass, and kick the ball. American Football is based on RUGBY. It’s different from football because there are no huddles, no time-outs, and the same players play offense and defense. The game needs players of different sizes and shapes. If you can catch, pass and run and want to learn, you can play.
RUGBY is played all over the world including England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Argentina, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia and Canada.
· Practice Starts May 3 - Monday and Wednesday nights 6-7:30 pm
· Practice Location - CSC Elementary School through June 8 and starting June 13 at Bay Head Park
· Registration Fee - $85. Register online @ www.capesports.com
· CIPP Registration.The governing body for rugby is USA Rugby. All rugby participants - from age 6 to 106 - must be CIPP registered. A portion of this $10 fee is returned to each member & Club in the form of USA Rugby-sponsored Youth Rugby Clinics and teaching packages. Each member will receive a membership card and will be mailed the USARFU newsletter, Touchline. This fee is included in registration fee
· We will try to do most of our notifications and updates through email. Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information: Include name and phone number so we can make up a distribution list.
What your child needs for Practice and Games…
· Soccer Shorts. Lacrosse shorts or any other shorts are OK for practices. However, we want all players to wear black rugby or soccer shorts for all matches.
· Molded Cleats. Soccer shoes are great! Running shoes and sneakers are fine, too. Keep in mind that this is a running and cutting game - cleats will be helpful and reduce feet from slipping when making a hard cut. Any shoes with replaceable studs are not acceptable.
· T-shirt's & Polo Shirts. T-shirts are great for practice. Game shirts will be provided.
· Mouthguard. This is an optional but recommended piece of equipment. This division of rugby is non-contact, however in the process of tagging an opponent or other parts of the game, incidental contact may be made.
· Water. We will be doing a lot of running at practice. The kids will be losing a lot of water, so have your child bring along a water bottle for each practice and games.
· Enthusiasm! This is a great game. Your child will really enjoy the opportunity to run with the ball and score a try (touchdown). Everyone participates and everyone is important to the success of the team. And most of all - it's FUN!!!
THE CLUB: Cape St Clair Cougars Youth Rugby Club, is a part of the CSC Rec Council. Most of the kids are new to this sport. Some coaches have experience and have coached rugby at various levels. Parents are encouraged to participate in the training sessions! Also need assistant coaches. No experience is necessary.
PRACTICE: Held on Monsday and Wednesday nights from 6 - 7:30 PM. Games against teams from the AnneArundelCounty area are helld on Thursday evenings and intra-county games are on Saturday mornings.
HEAD COACH: Rich Wiemann, a nationally certified USA Rugby coach who has played rugby for over 30 years.
NO RUGBY KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED!
Bring your friends and parents! They will want to get involved.